For Trusted Chimney Service Throughout Passaic County & Beyond, Call Garden State Chimney
Born of humble beginnings, our founder Daniel Barisonek has been serving and working in the Wayne community – and its many surrounding areas – for over half his life. His multifaceted experiences across the home service industry formed the blueprint for this company as it is known today: a team that values hard work and transparency, striving to always ensure a job well done.
Simply put? We service a wide area to accommodate as many people as we can. For homeowners near Passaic County and other areas of Northern and Central New Jersey, we’re the ones to call for all things chimney and fireplace.
Looking for a new appliance? We can help you shop for one and get it installed, set up and all ready to go. Ready to schedule your annual maintenance services, like a chimney inspection or cleaning? We can take care of that too. Need some masonry repairs completed? We’ve got you covered. There isn’t much we can’t handle.
What Areas Do We Serve?
If your home is located in any of the following counties, towns, or zip codes, we’d love to be your go-to provider for all chimney repair, maintenance, and other service needs. Reach out online or call 973-519-0802 to learn more about us and how we can serve you.
Clifton, Passaic, Bloomingdale, Haskell, Hewitt, Little Falls, Newfoundland, Oak Ridge, Pompton Lakes, Ringwood, Wanaque, Wayne, West Milford, Paterson, Hawthorne, Haledon, Totowa
07011, 07012, 07013, 07014, 07015, 07055, 07403, 07420, 07421, 07424, 07435, 07438, 07442, 07456, 07465, 07470, 07474, 07480, 07501, 07502, 07503, 07504, 07505, 07506, 07507, 07508, 07509, 07510, 07511, 07512, 07513, 07514, 07522, 07524, 07533, 07538, 07543, 07544
Cliffside Park, Edgewater, Fairview, Fort Lee, Garfield, North Arlington, Wallington, Rutherford, Lyndhurst, Carlstadt, East Rutherford, Moonachie, Wood Ridge, Allendale, Elmwood Park, Fair Lawn, Franklin Lakes, Ho Ho Kus, Mahwah, Midland Park, Oakland, Ramsey, Ridgewood, Glen Rock, Saddle River, Waldwick, Wyckoff, Mahwah, Hackensack, Bogota, Hasbrouck Heights, Leonia, South Hackensack, Maywood, Teterboro, Alpine, Bergenfield, Closter, Cresskill, Demarest, Dumont, Emerson, Englewood, Englewood Cliffs, Harrington Park, Haworth, Hillsdale, Little Ferry, Lodi, Montvale, New Milford, Northvale, Norwood, Oradell, Palisades Park, Paramus, Park Ridge, Ridgefield, Ridgefield Park, River Edge, Rochelle Park, Saddle Brook, Teaneck, Tenafly, Westwood, Township of Washington, Woodcliff Lake, Teterboro
07010, 07020, 07022, 07024, 07026, 07031, 07057, 07070, 07071, 07072, 07073, 07074, 07075, 07401, 07407, 07410, 07417, 07423, 07430, 07432, 07436, 07446, 07450, 07451, 07452, 07458, 07463, 07481, 07495, 07601, 07602, 07603, 07604, 07605, 07606, 07607, 07608, 07620, 07621, 07624, 07626, 07627, 07628, 07630, 07631, 07632, 07640, 07641, 07642, 07643, 07644, 07645, 07646, 07647, 07648, 07649, 07650, 07652, 07653, 07656, 07657, 07660, 07661, 07662, 07663, 07666, 07670, 07675, 07676, 07677, 07699
Boonton, Lake Hiawatha, Lincoln Park, Montville, Mountain Lakes, Parsippany, Pine Brook, Towaco, Butler, Pequannock, Pompton Plains, Riverdale, Dover, Mine Hill, Picatinny Arsenal, Budd Lake, Denville, Flanders, Hibernia, Ironia, Kenvil, Lake Hopatcong, Landing, Ledgewood, Long Valley, Mount Arlington, Netcong, Rockaway, Randolph, Schooleys Mountain, Succasunna, Mount Tabor, Wharton, Brookside, Cedar Knolls, Chatham, Chester, Florham Park, Gillette, Green Village, East Hanover, Madison, Mendham, Millington, Morris Plains, Morristown, Convent Station, Mount Freedom, New Vernon, Stirling, Whippany
07005, 07034, 07035, 07045, 07046, 07054, 07058, 07082, 07405, 07440, 07444, 07457, 07801, 07802, 07803, 07806, 07828, 07834, 07836, 07842, 07845, 07847, 07849, 07850, 07852, 07853, 07856, 07857, 07866, 07869, 07870, 07876, 07878, 07885, 07926, 07927, 07928, 07930, 07932, 07933, 07935, 07936, 07940, 07945, 07946, 07950, 07960, 07961, 07962, 07963, 07970, 07976, 07980, 07981, 07999
Bloomfield, Fairfield, Caldwell, Cedar Grove, East Orange, Essex Fells, Glen Ridge, Livingston, Maplewood, Millburn, Montclair, Verona, Orange, West Orange, Roseland, Short Hills, South Orange, Newark, Belleville, Nutley, Irvington
07003, 07004, 07006, 07007, 07009, 07017, 07018, 07019, 07021, 07028, 07039, 07040, 07041, 07042, 07043, 07044, 07050, 07051, 07052, 07068, 07078, 07079, 07103, 07104, 07105, 07106, 07107, 07108, 07109, 07110, 07111, 07112, 07114, 07175, 07184, 07188, 07189, 07191, 07192, 07193, 07195, 07198, 07199
Bayonne, Harrison, Hoboken, Kearny, North Bergen, Weehawken, Union City, West New York, Secaucus, Jersey City
07002, 07029, 07030, 07032, 07047, 07086, 07087, 07093, 07094, 07096, 07097, 07099, 07302, 07303, 07304, 07305, 07306, 07307, 07308, 07310, 07311, 07395, 07399
What Services Does Garden State Chimney Offer?
Well, because we are a full-service chimney company, we do it all. What does this mean for you as a homeowner? Essentially, what you need to know is that we don’t just offer the basics: chimney sweeping, inspections, or small and simple repairs. We do it all, so you’re not left with a job partially complete and the task of finding yet another place to finish it up.
Here at Garden State Chimney, we are proud to offer the following services:
- Level 1 & 2 Chimney Inspections
- Chimney Cleanings
- Gas Fireplace Services
- Fireplace & Chimney Repairs:
- Leak Repair Services:
- Flashing Repair
- Crown Rebuilds
- Chimney Cap Installation/Replacement
- Chimney Chase Cover Installation/Replacement
- Chimney Waterproofing
- Masonry Repair Services:
- Repointing/Tuckpointing Services
- Brick Replacement
- Partial Rebuild
- Full Rebuild
- Fireplace Repair Services:
- Firebox Repointing/Tuckpointing
- Firebox Rebuild
- Prefab Fireplace Refractory Panel Replacement
- Chimney/Other Flue Relining:
- Water Heater/Utility Flue Relining
- HeatShield Resurfacing
- Fireplace & Insert Installation:
- Gas Fireplace Installation
- Wood/Gas Insert Installation
Why Is It Important To Maintain a Routine Chimney Service Schedule?
Great question. Many people don’t realize the importance of preventive care and the other regular maintenance services inherently required when it comes to your chimney. We don’t blame them either – when it comes to your chimney system, the vast majority of it is out of sight and, as such, out of mind.
However, when you step back and think about the job your chimney actually performs in order to keep your home and family safe, it’s a bit peculiar that we don’t pay more attention, don’t you think?
So, what does regular chimney maintenance look like, and why is it so important? In terms of services that you should be scheduling every year (yes, even if you have a long-dormant fireplace…), there are two big ones that come to mind: an annual inspection and a chimney cleaning – or as it is usually called in the industry, a “sweeping.” We’ll get into those in a little more detail in a minute, but as for their importance, there are many reasons.
Routine chimney inspections and sweeping services serve the following purposes:
- They ensure your system is up to operational standards. Lots can happen over the months your chimney is not in use. Remember, most of the entire system is either outside of your home (where animals and other debris can find their way inside) or hidden from view behind the walls of your home and the chimney itself.
- They allow for a professional chimney sweep to diagnose any potential problems – and get you set up with a repair service. While both of these services (an inspection and a sweeping) feature different specifics, they are both opportunities for a certified professional to really see how everything looks from the inside. During both, we’ll make note of any inefficiencies or damages and help you determine the next best steps so you can enjoy your fireplace without worry.
- They set you up for a safer and more enjoyable burning season experience. We love a good home fire as much as the next person. What we don’t love is the damage that can come from neglecting regular, routine maintenance services. Unlike so many other appliances that are slowly developing “smart” features that can tell us when something is wrong, chimneys and fireplaces are yet to own those capabilities. The best we can do is simply be sure to check on them and care for them as best we can – so they can care for us when we need them most.
Certainly, there are so many more reasons why these routine services are important – even excluding the firm recommendation of the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA) – and we would be happy to discuss them with you, should you have any questions. Give us a call at 973-519-0802 to get your annual service(s) scheduled before we’re booked out for the season!
How Is a Chimney Inspection Different From a Chimney Cleaning?
Let’s get into it… What is the difference between two services that seem so similar?
Well, the biggest distinction is found in the names themselves:
- In a chimney inspection, our experienced chimney sweeps will investigate all the crucial elements and angles of your system (exact details depend on which specific level of inspection you’re receiving), but we won’t necessarily remove any gunk or debris that’s found.
- Alternatively, a chimney sweeping is all about that gunk, dirt, debris, and any other substances and materials found within the walls. Utilizing specifically designed tools (you know the ones, we’ve all seen the scene from Mary Poppins), we brush, scrape, and wipe down as best as possible, but we won’t be intentionally poking and prodding and examining for any structural problems or other inefficiencies.
Can the Team at Garden State Chimney Help Me Decide on a New Appliance?
We would love nothing more! We’re proud to supply and install the top brands of fireplace, chimney, and stove products from the best manufacturers in the country. Here’s a short list of some of the brands of products we frequently work with:
- Regency Wood & Gas Stoves
- Vermont Castings Wood Stoves
- HeatShield – Saver Systems
- Copperfield Chimney Supply
Have a question about a specific product or supplier name? Give us a call, and we’d be happy to help in any way we can.
What Should I Look for When Deciding on a Chimney Service Company?
Ultimately, it depends on what you’re looking for, but since you’re asking us, here’s a list of some questions to keep in mind while scouring the internet for your perfect chimney service company:
- How long have they been in business? How experienced are their chimney sweeps?
- Are they licensed and insured?
- Do they have elite industry memberships and/or certifications?
- Do they seem friendly, honest, and eager to answer all your questions and ensure the work is to your satisfaction?
- Are they transparent with their customers when it comes to pricing and other service expectations?
- Do they have good reviews?
- Would they break into song and dance a la Mary Poppins should you so request?
We cannot and will not speak for any other company in our industry or our local community, but we can tell you with the utmost certainty that the team here at Garden State Chimney would check all of these boxes – and then some. Curious to learn more? Fill out one of our contact forms online or give us a call at 973-519-0802 to speak with one of the talented members of our team.
Why Are Certifications Important in the Chimney Industry?
So, here’s a fun (or maybe not-so-fun) fact – the chimney industry is actually not very well-regulated. What does that mean, exactly? Essentially, anyone who can get their hands on specialized chimney tools, some tall ladders, and a way to get it all to your home can call themselves a chimney service company.
…it’s more than a little concerning if you ask us. That’s one of the main reasons that we take care to ensure Garden State is not only properly licensed and insured, but that every chimney sweep we hire has had the rigorous training and experience only present through organizations and associations like the CSIA.
Why Should I Choose Garden State Chimney for All My Chimney Needs?
You mean besides the fact that we’ll happily do a little dancing diddy for ya? But, in all seriousness, why trust us for all maintenance and other chimney repair services?
Because, in addition to our certifications, industry knowledge, and years of experience, we aim to provide trustworthy home heating care for each and every home and family in our service area. We don’t just care about making a quick buck or doing something halfway. We believe in honesty and a job well done (as opposed to just “done”). Our goal is always to put our customers and their needs first, while keeping them involved throughout the process.
Don’t Hesitate – Call Garden State
If you’re a homeowner in Northern New Jersey and you’ve yet to find your perfect fit for a chimney service company, we’re pleased to meet you. For reliable, efficient, and overall trustworthy service in the Passaic County area, there is simply no place better than Garden State Chimney.
Don’t hesitate. Call Garden State at 973-519-0802 or reach out online now to learn more and get your service scheduled today. We can’t wait to meet you.