Homeowners In Wayne, NJ Rely on Garden State Chimney for Chimney Inspections
While nestled in between neighboring cities like Pequancock, Totowa, Woodland Park, and Fairfield, there is almost always something to do here in Wayne, NJ. If you’re a nature enthusiast, you’re probably getting some fresh air at either Paterson Great Falls National Historic Park, High Mountain Park Preserve, or Laurelwood Arboretum. But if you’re a history buff, you’d probably rather be checking out places like Dey Mansion Washington’s Headquarters or the Wayne Museum.
Regardless of how you choose to spend your time, there’s no arguing that the best place to be after a long, busy day out and about Wayne, NJ is at home, nestled up next to the cozy fire. You can count on Garden State Chimney to ensure your fireplace is not only inviting, but also safe and well maintained, so you can enjoy it to the fullest when temps get cool.
Let’s get started – call 973-519-0802 or conveniently schedule with us online today.
Dan was great to work with. He was very responsive, honest in his assessment, and really went the extra mile to help us get our problems fixed very quickly. He even recommended a unique solution that saved us a little money. We would definitely use him again for our chimney needs.
Services We Provide
At Garden State Chimney, we take great pride in providing top-notch chimney services that are tailored to meet your specific needs. We understand the importance of chimney maintenance and how that helps enhance the overall safety of your home and the performance of your fireplace system. Here are some of the services we offer.
- Chimney Inspections: We offer level 1 and level 2 inspections. Using a special camera that rotates 360 degrees, we are able to view every nook and cranny of the flue to ensure the condition of your chimney is safe for burning.
- Chimney Cleanings: Maybe we discovered dangerous levels of creosote buildup during your inspection or maybe you’re just trying to stay on top of the yearly chimney cleaning recommended by the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA). We can provide a thorough chimney sweeping to clear out any and all creosote, soot, leaves, twigs, animals, and more.
- Chimney & Fireplace Repairs: If you’ve suddenly noticed your chimney is leaking or damaged, there are several reasons why this could be happening – and several ways that we can help fix it. But an inspection is recommended first, so we can find the source of the issue and recommend the appropriate repairs.
- Chimney Relining: Have you ever considered HeatShield® resurfacing on your chimney? Or how about flue relining on your furnace, boiler, or water heater? We know it all, and can equip you with the perfect relining services for your needs.
- Fireplace & Insert Installation: We aren’t limited to just wood-burning fireplaces. We also service and install gas fireplaces, gas logs, wood stoves, pellet stoves, and gas inserts. Having exceptional knowledge in this industry allows us to confidently handle just about any job.
- Gas Fireplace Service: Most homeowners opt for a gas fireplace because it is less maintenance compared to a wood-burning fireplace. However, gas fireplaces still require yearly preventive maintenance checks and cleanings. We would be happy to take care of it, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
As a locally trusted chimney company, we are committed to serving our community with the highest level of care. The people in Wayne, NJ and all of the communities surrounding deserve nothing less than excellent and reliable service. With Garden State Chimney by your side, you can have complete peace of mind knowing your fireplace is in capable hands.
Why Are Annual Chimney & Fireplace Inspections & Cleanings Important?
We rely on our fireplaces to keep our homes and families warm and cozy throughout the cold winters we experience in Wayne, NJ. Because most fireplaces seem to be pretty reliable and sturdy, it is easy to forget to schedule things like inspections, cleanings, and preventive maintenance. However, Garden State Chimney, along with the CSIA and countless other reputable industry organizations, highly recommends scheduling an annual inspection and chimney sweep for several reasons.
- Ensure a longer lifespan. We’re willing to bet you make sure your car is seen regularly for routine maintenance like oil changes and tire rotations. For what reason? To avoid expensive repairs later on and help get as many years and miles out of it as you can. The same concept applies to your chimney and fireplace.
- Avoid further (more expensive) damages. By allowing us to inspect and clean on a regular basis, we are able to detect minor issues early on, helping you avoid even more expensive repairs later and extend the life of your fireplace. You’d be surprised at the amount of damage that can be done from one tiny crack in the chimney – which would be nearly impossible to detect without our help.
- Heightened efficiency. Another reason for annual inspections is that a well-maintained chimney and fireplace operates more efficiently. What this really means is that proper airflow allows your fireplace to burn less fuel in order to heat your home appropriately.
- Improved safety and peace of mind. What’s most important is the peace of mind regular inspections and sweeps can provide as you use your fireplace all winter long. Any kind of buildup in your chimney, whether it be creosote, debris, or even bird nests, can pose a significant risk to your home and family, not just from chimney fires, but from blockages that inhibit proper venting.
What Is the Difference Between Level 1 & Level 2 Chimney Inspections?
The National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) has classified these two different inspection levels, and they serve as the industry standard upon which certified chimney sweeps rely for their work.
A level 1 inspection is the most common type. Typically, if you have your fireplace serviced regularly and didn’t experience any problems within the last year, a level 1 inspection will be recommended.
During this inspection, a chimney technician will inspect portions of the chimney exterior, portions of the chimney interior, and any other accessible portions of the fireplace system. They will be looking for visible signs of damage, obstructions, or combustible materials in your chimney. If all looks good, you’ll get a big thumbs up that your fireplace is safe to use.
Now, a level 2 chimney inspection might be recommended if any accidents or damage have occurred from a fire, earthquake, or other external factors, or if you plan on making any changes in the way you use your chimney. Like for instance, changing from a wood-burning fireplace to a gas appliance. Another instance you might need a level 2 inspection is when you are planning to sell your home, as this is a requirement before the sale of the property.
As you can probably guess, a level 2 chimney inspection is more thorough. Everything that was done in a level 1 inspection is included, plus some additional time inspecting the attic, crawlspace, and other accessible areas. A special camera will be used to look deep inside the chimney and scan for cracks or damage to the joints in the chimney’s structure and other hidden hazards.
Whether you’re looking to schedule a level 1 chimney inspection, or you need a level 2 chimney inspection performed, Garden State Chimney can help with both. Call or schedule online now.
Why Garden State Chimney Is Trusted by Wayne Residents
There are a lot of chimney companies out there that claim to be the best in the business. So how does Garden State Chimney stand out from the competition?
- Exceptional Communication: Our customers are important to us! We make sure communication is open and clear from the beginning. We take the time to listen to your concerns, answer any questions you may have, and ensure you are well-informed throughout the entire process.
- Unwavering Honesty: Honesty is the foundation of our business. Our certified chimney technicians will never recommend unnecessary services or try to upsell you on products you don’t need. Our hard work combined with our dedication to always do the right thing is what has earned us such a great reputation in the neighborhoods we serve.
- High-Quality Workmanship: When it comes to chimney cleanings, inspections, repairs, or installations, we deliver high-quality workmanship on every project. Our great attention to detail allows us to get the job done right the first time.
- Certified Chimney Professionals: The chimney and fireplace industry is not very well regulated. Which means just about anybody can claim they are an expert and get to work. But not us! Our chimney technicians are certified professionals, so you know we hold ourselves to the highest standards of service and safety. We stay up to date on the latest techniques and industry guidelines, so you don’t have to ever second guess the safety or performance of your fireplace.
- Community Focused: Not only as long-time residents, but also as a local business of Passaic County, we take pride in being a part of this community. Our customers are some of our friends and neighbors, and we ensure you receive the respect and personalized attention you deserve.
We’re the Best Around – Call Today
As you can see, there is no better team than Garden State Chimney that services Wayne and the surrounding areas of Lincoln Park, Haledon, Totowa, Fairfield, and other towns in Northern NJ. If you’re having issues with your chimney, fireplace, venting system, or even gas appliances, be sure to give us a call at 973-519-0802 or book online with us today.