Need a Licensed & Insured Chimney Sweep in Morristown, NJ? Garden State Chimney is Happy to Help
Sometimes, though, the local forecast just doesn’t favor an all-day outing for history buffs. So, you have to get your fill watching the history channel while enjoying the warmth and comfort of a roaring fire in your fireplace. The only problem standing in your way is that your fireplace isn’t performing as well as it used to.
Well, then, it’s time to call Garden State Chimney. We proudly service Morristown along with nearby communities of Morris Plains, Hanover, Madison, and countless areas surrounding. Call or book with us online today.
Why We’re the Best Chimney Company in Morristown, NJ
There are companies that claim they are the best, and then there are companies who actually prove they are the best. We know it’s important to find a company that doesn’t just talk the talk, but actually walks the walk. That’s why Garden State Chimney is proud of what our company holds.
- Licensing & Insurance: We have all of the proper licensing to operate in Morris County. This means we are well-versed in all of the laws and regulations of an ever-changing industry. We also have proper insurance, so you know not only are we protected, but your home is protected in case any accidents occur while we’re performing a service.
- Proper Certifications: Our team of professionals have undergone hours of hands-on training in order to become certified chimney technicians. We know the ins and outs of all fireplace types, so that they can better serve your specific needs. Being properly certified also means we stay up to date on all the trends, equipment, and technology required to do our job effectively and safely
- Positive Reviews: We have dozens of 5-star reviews left by our former satisfied customers. Oftentimes, people highlight our company’s responsiveness, professionalism, and friendliness when dealing with their chimney and fireplace concerns.
We understand that, in order to be the best, we have to hold our company to the highest standard. We want you to trust that you are getting only the services that are necessary (no awkward, high-pressure sales tactics here), while simultaneously getting the full level of care you deserve.
Chimney Services We Provide to Homeowners in Morris County
Think of us as a one-stop shop for all of your chimney and fireplace needs. We offer a comprehensive list of services to ensure we are the company you call every time an issue or question about your fireplace arises. This includes:
- Chimney Inspections: We offer level 1 and level 2 inspections. Using a special camera that rotates 360 degrees, we are able to view every nook and cranny of the flue to ensure the condition of your chimney is safe for burning.
- Chimney Sweepings/Cleanings: Maybe we discovered dangerous levels of creosote buildup during your inspection or maybe you’re just trying to stay on top of your yearly chimney cleaning – as recommended by the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA). We can provide a thorough chimney sweep to clear out any and all creosote, soot, leaves, twigs, animals, and more.
- Chimney & Fireplace Repairs: If you’ve suddenly noticed your chimney is leaking, there are several reasons why this could be happening, and several ways that we can help fix it. In order to better locate where the problem starts, we would need to get a closer look with a proper inspection.
- Chimney Relining: Have you ever considered HeatShield resurfacing on your chimney? Or how about flue relining on your furnace, boiler, or water heater? We know it all, for a wide range of appliances and fuel types. Ask us about what options would best suit your needs.
- Fireplace & Insert Installation: We aren’t limited to just wood-burning fireplaces. We also service and install gas fireplaces, gas logs, wood stoves, pellet stoves, and gas inserts. Having exceptional knowledge in this industry allows us to confidently handle just about any job.
- Gas Fireplace Service: Most homeowners opt for a gas fireplace because it is less maintenance compared to a wood-burning setup. However, gas fireplaces still require yearly maintenance and cleanings. It’s risky business messing with gas, so let us handle this job.
Why Are Annual Chimney Sweeps Important?
Just like the CSIA recommends a yearly inspection, a yearly chimney sweeping should be performed too. Yes, we know there are chimney sweeping logs that are readily available for purchase at most hardware stores. You might be using them regularly thinking that should suffice. However, even though are technically safe to burn, the label even states that it shouldn’t replace an inspection and sweep done by a certified technician.
Reason being? They just aren’t reliable in fully eliminating the risk of a chimney fire. Yes, they loosen the creosote, but they don’t actually remove it. Only a chimney sweep can bring the proper tools and equipment to clean even the hard-to-reach areas of the chimney, as well as identify any potential safety issues.
How Can I Tell if My Chimney & Fireplace Need Cleaning?
Outside of the yearly chimney sweep, your chimney and fireplace may need a little extra cleaning if you notice any of the following:
- Smoky or foul odors coming from the fireplace. Does your fireplace smell like a campfire even when it isn’t in use? This should never be the case. Call in a pro right away.
- Difficulty starting or maintaining a fire. If you notice that it is hard to get a flame going or even more difficult to keep it going, there may be something clogging the chimney that is restricting proper draft. Be safe (rather than sorry) and have Garden State Chimney come check it out.
- Visible soot buildup inside the fireplace or on the walls of the chimney. Anytime there is excessive buildup of soot, it points to an incomplete combustion problem. This means that, for some reason, the wood in your fireplace isn’t burning completely. This is usually caused by using unseasoned wood, improper air flow, or improper fireplace cleaning practices.
- The chimney damper is black. This indicates creosote buildup. Creosote may appear as a flaky soot or, in extreme cases, it condenses into a tar-like substance.
- Animal nests or droppings are present. Have you ever noticed how fast bird nests appear in some of the weirdest locations? All it takes is a few warm days, when you aren’t using your fireplace, for a poorly placed bird nest to become a big problem. If you hear sounds coming from the chimney or suddenly notice animal droppings in your fireplace, you could soon have an unannounced guest popping in.
What Is the Process of a Professional Chimney Sweep?
Garden State Chimney takes pride in providing this service and taking extra care in making sure we make as little of a mess as possible. Here’s what you can expect after booking with us…
- Preparation: We want to take every step possible in preventing soot and debris from entering your home. To do this, we lay down tarps around the fireplace and cover all furniture nearby with drop cloths.
- Inspection: We will inspect the chimney and fireplace for any signs of damage, obstructions, creosote buildup, or other issues that might affect the performance safety.
- The Sweeping: Our certified chimney technicians use the appropriate specialized tools to thoroughly sweep the chimney, making sure to remove all soot and creosote buildup, as well as excess debris like twigs, leaves, and/or nesting materials. While we sweep, we also use a vacuum to ensure none of the materials that fall down the chimney end up in your home.
- Double Check Our Work: We will inspect the chimney again just to make sure we cleared all of the debris and buildup – and ensure that there are no other hidden signs of damage or deterioration.
- Clean Up: We want to make sure we leave your home in the condition we found it (if not better).
- Recap With You: If there were any other issues we found during the chimney sweep, we will bring them to your attention and discuss repair options with you.
Now Is the Time To Call For Chimney Sweeping Services
There is often a huge debate centered around the question of when the best time to get a chimney sweep done is. Some might argue that the best time is fall, right before you plan to use it. Others might suggest that you get on the schedule during the summer, when chimney services aren’t in high demand. That way, if there are repair services needed, then there is ample time to get it repaired before you have to use it.
But at Garden State Chimney, we think the best time is now! Give us a call at 973-519-0802 or schedule with us online to get your next chimney sweep booked. That way you can quit thinking about it, check this maintenance off your to-do list, and get back to enjoying all that Morris County has to offer.